What can I say about June? Well, my university summer holidays have started, so that’s pretty great. There was that mini heatwave, which was amazing and I genuinely felt like I was in Italy or something. I did a huge amount of cross-stitch, which felt so good. Oh, and I read some fantastic books, which I can’t wait to share with you!
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas // ★★★★
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon // ★★★★
- Rejected Princesses by Jason Porath // ★★★★
- Moonlocket by Peter Bunzl // ★★★
- Our Dark Duet by V. E. Schwab // ★★★★★
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch // ★★★★
- The Four Swans by Winston Graham // ★★★
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone // ★★★★★
I didn’t post a huge amount of stuff this month, but I did a get a few posts out. I shared my thoughts on The Lies of Locke Lamora – it was absolutely fantastic! – and I talked about some of my favourite reads so far this year. Also, I did the Hamilton book tag!
First off: POLDARK IS BACK! I’m a major fan of this show (apart from one thing *cough*Ross*cough*), and I’m so happy to see my favourite characters again. I’ve already read the books this series is based on, so I get to watch the series without stressing out too much.
I’ve also been catching up with Elementary – I’ve just hit the beginning of series five. I love it so much (and I like it so much more than Sherlock – is this an unpopular opinion?).
Films-wise, it was only rewatchs that happened this month. The stand outs were Shrek (which I haven’t watched in years!) and The Princess Bride, which is, of course, fantastic.
That was my May in a nutshell, but how about you? What did you read? Any new books on your shelves?