As a university student, I get really long holidays. My exams finished on the 20th of May and term doesn’t start again until the end of September. What on earth am I meant to do for all that time??
Read a lot, obviously. Blog a bit. Chuck in some bookstagram too.
Those aren’t going to keep me occupied though, so I put together a little bucket list of what I want to get done this summer. (And I’d imagine that a lot more is going to get added to it!)
- Day trip to the beach // I’m not the biggest fan of beaches, but once in a while they’re good fun
- Host a BBQ // Or maybe just go to someone else’s?
- Sort out my bedroom // My bedroom currently looks like the store room of a charity shop, so I should probably do something about that
- Get rid of books // Despite having two bookshelves and each shelf being double stacked, I’d guess there are at least fifty books in my room without a home – looks like it’s time for a clear out!
- Improve my Instagram skills // I got back into Instagram recently (specifically, bookstagram), and so I want to get better at taking photos
- Take photos while in Austria // Specifically a family photo, because I have none
- Group holiday in West Wales // This is with school friends, so it should be a laugh
- See uni friends // I’m actually seeing one of them on Friday
- Use the library more // Hopefully I’ll buy fewer books as a result…
- Keep up regular blogging // I got over a blogging slump recently, so hopefully I won’t fall into another one
- Read lots of books // There’s no way this won’t happen
- Volunteer somewhere // Probably in a charity shop, but haven’t quite decided yet
- Try out the new ice cream parlour // It looks incredible, and this is now my plan for Thursday
- Book tickets for Bath Children’s Literature Festival // Sarah J. Maas is going to be there, so there’s no way I’m missing it!
- London weekend trip? // It was suggested by my friends, but who knows if it’ll happen!
Those are a few of things I want to get done this summer, but what about you? Any plans? Holidays? Book-related events?