Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews, and it’s a chance for bloggers to share their exciting new books for the week.
What did I get?
There are a couple of new books on my shelves this week, and both were impulse buys! Which is terrible for my bank account, but great for me.
The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
So I happened to be in Waterstones, and I happened to spot this, and suddenly I’m half way through the book and almost dying every time something happens.
Eliza Rose by Lucy Worsley
I like the Tudors, I like Lucy Worsley, I like historical fiction. Why wouldn’t I pick this up?
What am I reading?
THE RAVEN KING! AND I SWEAR MAGGIE IS TRYING TO DESTROY ME WITH THIS BOOK.
Every time I pick it up, I get terrified that something is going to happen to a character that I love, and I can’t deal with it. It’s so good though, so you should all go read it right now.
And on the telly?
There isn’t a huge amount on right now, but I’m enjoying Bake Off Creme de la Creme. It might not be as good as the original, but it’s fun and the showpieces are so pretty! Plus I could watch sugar-work for hours on end.
On the blog…
- Rebel of the Sands – one crazy adventure in the desert
- Hilarious books – the ones that made me laugh
- Books and Board Games – the perfect game for Jane Austen fans
- A Gathering of Shadows – magic and privateers and London
- Lady Midnight – I was disappointed (and I think I’m the black sheep in the crowd)
- Bookworm delights – my favourite things about loving books
In other news…
- My exams start in just over a week, which means I’m almost done with my second year of university – it’s terrifying!
- I went to see The Jungle Book, and really enjoyed it (which was surprising considering I wasn’t sure if it would be any good).
What about you? How was your week? Any new books? What did you think of The Jungle Book?