This is a feature that celebrates lists!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
HOW IS THIS WEEK’S TOPIC EVEN ALLOWED TO EXIST?
Seriously, only ten?? But, how? I saw the title and so many authors came to my head straight away. I’m determined to have a list of only ten, so here goes!
Top Ten ALL TIME Favourite Authors
1. I’m going to take a wild guess, and assume that J. K. Rowling is at the top of a lot of people’s lists. I grew up reading the Harry Potter books and going to the see the films, so she just had to feature on here.
2. Again, there was no way I could leave Uncle Rick off the list. Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson books captured my heart the moment I started reading them, and I’ve been a fan ever since.
3. MAGGIE STIEFVATER IS AMAZING! I love her Raven Cycle books, and I think she’s ridiculously talented and is too awesome for her own good.
4. In my eyes, Brandon Sanderson is one of the best fantasy authors out there. I may not have yet read all of his books, but I WILL. ONE DAY!
5. Once upon a time, I picked up a book about an assassin and a captain and a prince and I fell in love. Thanks a lot, Sarah J. Maas. I cannot get enough of Celaena’s story, and I’m also super excited about ACOTAR!!! (IT ARRIVED YESTERDAY! IT’S NOT EVEN RELEASED IN THE UK UNTIL MAY 5TH!! THANK YOU WATERSTONES!)
6. Marissa Meyer, otherwise known as Queen of Retellings. All her characters are wonderful, and the stories she tells are amazing, and I need to read Fairest asap. WHY IS IT NOT IN ANY BOOKSHOPS??
7. When it comes to historical fiction, Elizabeth Wein is at the top of my list. Her books might reduce me to tears, but I love them to bits and I think they’re wonderful.
8. After reading Since You’ve Been Gone, Morgan Matson rocketed to the top of my favourite authors list. Her books are so creative and cute and are brilliant contemporary reads.
9. Leigh Bardugo writes about the best characters. I need more of her books in my life, especially ones about Stormhund. Because Stormhund.
10. C. S. Lewis could not be left off this list. The Chronicles of Narnia was pretty much childhood, and reading some of his other books are definitely in my plans for the future.
(An honourary mention goes to Roald Dahl, for writing the best children’s books ever!)
So, I pretty much managed to narrow it down! (I won’t lie, it was hard. Very hard).
Which authors are on your list?