Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books About Friendship
I wouldn’t say that all of my books this week are totally about friendship. Some I picked because I love a specific friendship, and I chose other because they’ve got a theme of friendship running through the book(s).
1. Poison Study (Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder
This book has the amazing relationship of Ari and Janco in it, who are some of my favourite characters. I love their friendship so much and I couldn’t get enough of them in this series.
2. The Thieves of Ostia (The Roman Mysteries #1) by Caroline Lawrence
I loved this book series when I was younger, partly because of the whole mystery solving thing and partly because the four main characters had such an awesome friendship going on.
3. The BFG by Roald Dahl
Yet another book from my childhood which is all about the friendship between a little girl and a giant. How much more about friendship can a book get? Plus, it’s a great story.
4. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
The dwarves have a great friendship in this book, and I loved all of their interactions in the book.
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
I loved reading about Charlie and his friendship with various people.
6. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Although we pretty much only get to see Jennifer and Beth’s friendship through e-mails, it’s such an awesome relationship and I love them both.
7. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J. K. Rowling
I can’t make a post about friendship without bringing up this book series. One of the main themes in the series is friendship, and the relationship between Harry, Ron and Hermione is great.
8. The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan
There are so many different friendships in this book between various characters, and I’ve loved seeing it develop throughout the book.s
9. Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
Zuzana! She is literally the perfect friend and I’ve loved her character since the first book. Also, she and Karou have the cutest friendship.
10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Liesel and Max’s story makes me cry every time I read it, but the friendship that develops between them is so special and I love reading about it.
What’s on your top ten this week?