Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I Was “Forced” to Read
There aren’t any awful books that I’ve been forced to read, so I’ll have to go with the books that my friends have gotten me to read. This is still really hard though, seeing as it’s usually me recommending books to friends and not the other way around.
1. Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee
Two of my friends read this before I got a chance, and then they wouldn’t shut up about it. I finally read it and fell in love with the book.
2. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R. R. Martin
One of my friends was obsessed with these books, and she managed to pass the obsession over to me.
3. Wake (Watersong #1) by Amanda Hocking
One of my friends told me that I should read this because we’re both obsesses with fantasy books. I’m so glad that I did read it and I loved the end of the series.
4. The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time #1) by Robert Jordan
I was told to read this by one of my friends and I fell in love with the series very quickly. It’s a great series, although it’s ridiculously long, and I need to get started on book nine soon.
5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin
This was on my to-read list for a long time and, after a friend told me that I had to read it, I finally picked it up. It was awesome and now I keep recommending the book to everyone. Talking of which, if you haven’t read this you definitely should.
6. The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner
Although this series is insanely confusing, I really enjoyed the first book after pretty much all of my friends told me that I should read it.
7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
After seeing numerous reviews of this on the internet and receiving recommendations from friends, I had to read this book and I am so glad that I did. It was completely heart-breaking and totally worth the read.
8. Beautiful Creatures (The Caster Chronicles #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
I read this not long before the film came out after a friend told me how much she loved it. It was definitely worth the read!
9. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride #1) by James Patterson
The same friend who told me about the majority of these books told me to read this too, and I did rather enjoy it. It was something totally different to most other books that I have read.
10. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
This was another book that I read just before the film came out and I really loved it. It was recommended to me by another friend (I seem to be saying that about all these books) and my friend and I managed to get our whole group to read it.
Which books have you been ‘forced’ to read? And did you enjoy them?